Joan Hebden, RN, MS, CIC provides information on the new CMS requirement of LabID Event reporting and changes to the NHSN definitions for healthcare-associated infections. Case studies based on realistic clinical scenarios are used to aid learning.
In this webinar, she:
- Defines the current status of public reporting and the implications for NHSN
- States the new/updated Key Terms for HAI, Device-Associated Infection and Transfer Rule
- Identifies the criteria for mucosal barrier injury laboratory-confirmed BSI ( MBI-LCBI)
- Defines the steps to prepare for VAE Surveillance
- Identifies the LabID Events that will be reported by NHSN to CMS
- States the three major NHSN changes to SSI Reporting
To access the webinar, please fill out the form to the right.