This webinar addresses the application of the NHSN definitions discussed at the 2014 CDC training with illustrative case studies, proposed changes for 2015 and how infection preventionists are adopting algorithmic approaches to surveillance.
Specifically, Joan N. Hebden, RN, MS, CIC:
- Defines the current status of public reporting
- States the 2014 mid-year NHSN updates and the major NHSN updates to take effect in 2015
- Defines Targeted Assessment for Prevention (TAP)
- Applies NHSN definition correctly to a clinical scenario involving serial BSI’s
- Discusses the current efforts being undertaken to improve the reliability and accuracy of publicly reported HAI data
- Defines fully electronic surveillance
To access the webinar, please fill out the form to the right.