Pharmacogenetic information is currently included in more than 200 drug labels in the United States and the field continues to grow rapidly. There has not been a commensurate effort to establish the resources, methods, and infrastructure, which would allow the translation of such evidence, representing a major obstacle in the application of testing.
In this webinar, Leslie Mackowiak, RPh, MS discusses:
- Pharmacogenomics and standard terminology
- The experience of the pharmacists in supporting the practical application of pharmacogenomics into clinical practice using computer tools
- The role of electronic health records and clinical decision support in facilitating drug management using pharmacogenomics
- Strategies and techniques for pharmacists to lead the introduction of pharmacogenomics at their practice site
- How Vanderbilt University Medical Center assembled a multidisciplinary, multidepartment team to oversee the implementation of pharmacogenetics.
To access the webinar, please fill out the form to the right.